[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r45334 - python/trunk/Lib/test/leakers/test_gen1.py python/trunk/Lib/test/leakers/test_generator_cycle.py python/trunk/Lib/test/leakers/test_tee.py

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 18:57:55 CEST 2006

[neal.norwitz]
>> Author: neal.norwitz
>> Date: Thu Apr 13 06:35:36 2006
>> New Revision: 45334
>>
>> Added:
>>    python/trunk/Lib/test/leakers/test_gen1.py   (contents, props changed)
>> Removed:
>>    python/trunk/Lib/test/leakers/test_generator_cycle.py
>>    python/trunk/Lib/test/leakers/test_tee.py
>> Log:
>> Remove tests that no longer leak.  There is still one leaking generator test

[Jim Jewett]
> Should these really be removed, or just added to the regular tests --
> to ensure that the leakage doesn't get worse.

I was going to ask much the same:  bugs that have been fixed have a
delightful way of reappearing a release or two (or ...) later, perhaps
because they traversed unusually delicate code paths to begin with.

Rather than delete a leak test, perhaps we could simply move it into a
new old-leaking-tests subdirectory?  Likewise for crash tests.  When
the bug reappears, it's helfpul to have the focussed (whittled-down)
old test that provoked it handy.