[Python-Dev] need info for externally maintained modules PEP

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sun Apr 16 22:49:57 CEST 2006

On 4/8/06, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> OK, I am going to write the PEP I proposed a week or so ago, listing
> all modules and packages within the stdlib that are maintained
> externally so we have a central place to go for contact info or where
> to report bugs on issues.  This should only apply to modules that want
> bugs reported outside of the Python tracker and have a separate dev
> track.  People who just use the Python repository as their mainline
> version can just be left out.

Basically, from all the replies I have gotten has said that package
that were/are externally maintained either considers Python HEAD as
the current version or watches checkins and the bug tracker and thus
the PEP is really not needed.  So unless some package steps forward
and says that they prefer external reporting of bugs and patches, I
will consider this PEP idea dead and just modify HEAD without worrying
about it.

-Brett