[Python-Dev] Google Summer of Code proposal: Pdb improvments

Kuba Konczyk jakamkon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 19:03:59 CEST 2006

I've found thread on python-dev related to pdb's weaknesses:
http://www.mail-archive.com/python-dev@python.org/msg05115.html

The opinions are that pdb is 'one of the more unPythonic modules' and
must be 'seriously
fixed'.I have similar experience with pdb's internals but I want to
know others opinion.

I'm currently trying to answer following questions:
What should be fixed first in pdb?
What we could do to make pdb better debugging utility?

If you have any suggestions related to pdb's improvements please put
them to the wiki page:
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PdbImprovments

Is this kind of proposal to the SoC would be accepted by some of the
psf mentors?

jkk