[Python-Dev] PEP 343 update (with statement context terminology)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Sun Apr 23 07:27:11 CEST 2006

For those not following along at home, I've now updated PEP 343 to clarify my
originally intended meanings for various terms, and to record the fact that we
don't currently have a consensus on python-dev that those are the right
definitions.

As written up in the PEP, I plan to propagate those interpretations throughout
the documentation and implementation for 2.5a2, so we have at least one
release using my original vision to see if the terminology actually all hangs
together sensibly the way I believe it does :)

Anthony, I'd also like it if we could include something specific in the
release announcement asking folks to go over the relevant documentation so we
have some feedback to work with on whether the updated documentation makes
sense or not.

Regards,
Nick.