[Python-Dev] gettext.py bug #1448060

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Mon Apr 24 15:54:14 CEST 2006

Hi there,

while playing with gettext catalog handling of a complex application,
I've hit bug #1448060. This bug seems serious to me since gettext.py
is not able to handle some .po files generated by msgcat/msgmerge due to
lines like
"#-#-#-#-#  fr.po (2.0)  #-#-#-#-#\n"
in the metadata.

I've posted a patch (#1475523) for this and assigned it to Martin Von
Loewis since he was the core developper who has made some followup on
the original bug. Could someone (Martin or someone else) quick review
this patch ? I really need a fix for this, so if anyone feels my
patch is not correct, and explain why and what should be done, I can
rework on it.

regards,
--
Sylvain Thénault                               LOGILAB, Paris (France).