[Python-Dev] Reviewed patches

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 17:49:46 CEST 2006

A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 06:04:12PM -0400, Jim Jewett wrote:
>
>> So how are the committers supposed to even know that it is waiting for
>> assessment?  The solutions that I've seen work are
>>

> Could we mark the bug/patch as status 'pending'?  This status exists
> in the SF bug tracker but no bugs or patches are assigned this status,
> so we're probably not using it.

If the SF tracker help is to be believed, pending status won't stick for
very long (unless somebody has changed the default timeout):  "You can
set the status to 'Pending' if you are waiting for a response from the
tracker item author. When the author responds the status is
automatically reset to that of 'Open'. Otherwise, if the author doesn't
respond with an admin-defined amount of time (default is 14 days) then
the item is given a status of 'Deleted'."