[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r45770 - in python/trunk:

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Sat Apr 29 14:31:00 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 01:13:21AM +0200, thomas.wouters wrote:
>  - Warn-raise ImportWarning when importing would have picked up a directory
>    as package, if only it'd had an __init__.py. This swaps two tests (for
>    case-ness and __init__-ness), but case-test is not really more expensive,
>    and it's not in a speed-critical section.

For the what's new, I'd like to clarify the purpose of this change.
Is the plan to make __init__.py optional in subpackages in 2.6, and
this warning is a first step toward that?  Or is this just to improve
the error reporting when a directory lacking an __init__.py is found,
and no further changes will be in 2.6?

--amk