[Python-Dev] no remaining issues blocking 2.5 release

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Tue Aug 15 07:36:46 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 14:31, Neal Norwitz wrote:
> I just updated the PEP to remove all references to issues blocking
> release of 2.5.
> I don't know of any.  I haven't heard of any issues with the fixes
> that have been checked in.
>
> If you have issues, respond ASAP!  The release candidate is planned to
> be cut this Thursday/Friday.  There are only a few more days before
> code freeze.  A branch will be made when the release candidate is cut.

More information here: I plan to branch release25-maint on Thursday morning,
as the first step in the release process for 2.5c1. This will be done after
the repository is updated to identify itself as '2.5c1'. Once this is done, I
plan on doing all further 2.5 releases from the release25-maint branch. I
will no longer care about the trunk's stability :-)

Anthony