[Python-Dev] Making 'python -t' the default.

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Wed Aug 16 13:37:47 CEST 2006

Can I suggest making 'python -t' the default, in 2.6? It makes python warn
about mixing tabs and spaces in indentation. In Py3k, '-tt' (the
error-raising version) will be the default, instead. I see too many newsbies
with problems they can't figure out because they mix tabs and spaces
(usually not even consciously, but just because their editor isn't playing
along.) There probably should be an option to turn the warning off again
(although I won't fight for it ;) -- but I don't know what that option
should be.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

spread!