[Python-Dev] gcc 4.2 exposes signed integer overflows

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Sat Aug 26 21:06:00 CEST 2006

       I discovered that gcc 4.2 exposes a flaw with
signed integer overflows in python. This bug and the
necessary fix has been discussed in detail on the gcc
mailing list. I have filed a detailed bug report and
the recommended patch proposed by the gcc developers.
This problem should be addressed BEFORE python 2.5 is
released. The bug report is...

[ 1545668 ] gcc trunk (4.2) exposes a signed integer overflows

in the python sourceforge bug tracker. Thanks in advance
for attempting to fix this before Python 2.5 is released.
             Jack