[Python-Dev] webmaster at python.org failing sender verification.

David Wilson dw at botanicus.net
Wed Feb 1 16:33:09 CET 2006

Hi there,

Recently, updates from MoinMoin have started getting quarantined due to sender
verification failing. On investigating the problem, it seems that an assumption
about the webmaster mailbox is incorrect:

    220 bag.python.org ESMTP Postfix (Debian/GNU)
    MAIL FROM: <>
    503 Error: send HELO/EHLO first
    HELO argon.maildefence.co.uk
    250 bag.python.org
    MAIL FROM: <>
    250 Ok
    RCPT TO: webmaster at python.org
    553 invalid bounce (address does not send mail)

The MoinMoin instance on Python.org is sending mail as "webmaster at python.org".
Can somebody take a look? Or at least tell me who to contact.

Thanks,

David.
PS: Please CC me in replies as I am not currently subscribed.