[Python-Dev] cProfile module

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Feb 7 11:42:24 CET 2006

Hi all,

As promized two months ago, I eventually finished the integration of the
'lsprof' profiler.  It's now in an internal '_lsprof' module that is
exposed via a 'cProfile' module with the same interface as 'profile',
producing compatible dump stats that can be inspected with 'pstats'.

See previous discussion here:

* http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2005-November/058212.html

The code is currently in the following repository, from where I'll merge
it into CPython if nobody objects:

* http://codespeak.net/svn/user/arigo/hack/misc/lsprof/Doc
* http://codespeak.net/svn/user/arigo/hack/misc/lsprof/Lib
* http://codespeak.net/svn/user/arigo/hack/misc/lsprof/Modules

with tests and docs, including new tests and doc refinements for profile
itself.  The docs mark hotshot as "reversed for specialized usage".
They probably need a bit of bad-English-hunting...

And yes, I do promize to maintain this code in the future.

A bientot,

Armin