[Python-Dev] Enhancements to the fileinput module

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Feb 19 16:05:36 CET 2006

Georg Brandl wrote:

> I've just checked in some enhancements to the fileinput module.
>
> * fileno() to check the current file descriptor
> * mode argument to allow opening in universal newline mode
> * openhook argument to allow transparent opening of compressed
>   or encoded files.
>
> Please feel free to comment.

hey, where's the PEP, the endless thread where the same arguments are
repeated over and over again, the -1 vetos from the peanut gallery, and
the mandatory off-topic subthreads?

(looks good to me.  it might be idea to mention that hook_compressed
uses the extension instead of the file signature to determine what de-
compressor to use, though...)

</F>