[Python-Dev] PEP 308

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Mon Feb 27 01:31:56 CET 2006

Since I was on a streak of implementing not-quite-the-right-thing, I checked
in my PEP 308 implementation *with* backward compatibility -- just to spite
Guido's latest change to the PEP. It jumps through a minor hoop (two new
grammar rules) in order to be backwardly compatible, but that hoop can go
away in Python 3.0, and that shouldn't be too long from now. I apologize for
the test failures of compile, transform and parser: they seem to all depend
on the parsermodule being updated. If no one feels responsible for it, I'll
do it later in the week (I'll be sprinting until Thursday anyway.)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>