[Python-Dev] buildbot

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Tue Jan 3 07:39:25 CET 2006

On Jan 2, 2006, at 10:30 PM, Neal Norwitz wrote:

> On 1/2/06, skip at pobox.com <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> The G5 *was* working.  I changed nothing at my end.  Got a mail
>> yesterday
>> from Martin.  It looks like PATH lost /usr/local/bin (where the
>> Metissian
>> installer puts the svn executable).  I added a /usr/bin/svn
>> symlink, but
>> would really rather see /usr/local/bin in PATH.
>
> It seems reasonable for /usr/local/bin to be in PATH.  But isn't this
> be done on the slave (ie your) side?  It looks like the PATH comes
> from your env't based on how my PATH in twistd.log.  So if you started
> this from cron, you may need to add it there.  If nothing else works,
> you could probably update PATH in buildbot.tac.
>
> I forced a build, but it failed since svnversion was not found.
>
> BTW, I noticed this warning:
>   Modules/getpath.c:405: warning: passing arg 2 of
> `_NSGetExecutablePath' from incompatible pointer type
>
> Can somebody with a Mac fix this warning?

This warning depends on the version of Mac OS X you're using.  The
type signature for arg 2 is "unsigned long" up to 10.3, and
"uint32_t" on 10.4.  The version I see in svn is current with Mac OS
X 10.4.

The easy fix is to upgrade your OS.  I don't think anyone is going to
bother with the preprocessor hackery necessary to make that
(harmless) warning go away on older versions of the OS.

-bob