[Python-Dev] Include ctypes into core Python?

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Wed Jan 11 19:16:41 CET 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 07:59:03AM +0100, Thomas Heller wrote:
> Another possibility would be to emit a warning when the module (dl or
> ctypes, if included) is imported.
>
> warnings.warn("Incorrect usage of this module may crash Python",
>               RuntimeWarning, stacklevel=2)

Arrgggh!  No!!  Warnings are one of the things I really hate about
perl and I'd hate to see them infecting python any more than they
already have.

I want my programming language to tell me, the programmer, about stuff
not go blurting to the user behind my back.

Death to warnings ;-)

(Yes I know about the warnings module!)