[Python-Dev] Improving unit tests for the standard library

Matt Fleming mattjfleming at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 27 02:20:19 CEST 2006

Hi, after speaking with Neal off-list about writing tests for the
pkgutil module, we agreed it would be a good idea to start a page on
http://wiki.python.org/moin/ stating any tests for the standard
library that either,

a) need to be written
b) can be improved

I've started the page http://wiki.python.org/moin/ImprovingLibTests
that lists all the test files I could think of that need to be
written. Ive also included a table for improvements to existing tests,
along with a column that allows you to specify exactly what needs
improving.

I hope this will be of use to people, and I hope people will find time
to modify the page approriately. When I get some spare time from my
SoC project, I'll be working my way through the list.

Thanks, Matt

--
http://mattssanctuary.blogspot.com