[Python-Dev] Patch Against shutil.copytree Bug

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Jul 28 23:20:31 CEST 2006

Hello all,

Sourceforge is being anal and won't let me log in.

Attached is a patch for the shutil test, which would pickup bug
"[1525866] Bug in shutil.copytree on Windows".

It passes against a bug-fixed shutil [1] on my XP box, and fails on an
un-fixed one.

It only tests basic functionality of copytree. I did add tests that
copystat had worked, but the mtime results were consistently off on
Windows [2] so I removed that test.

I would appreciate it if someone could post this patch to sourceforge.
IMO this bug needs fixing before 2.5 final, the fix is trivial and
shutil.copytree is broken on windows without it.

All the best,

Michael Foord

[1] Bugfix supplied by Thomas Heller and is attached to the sourceforge
bug report.
[2] And consistently off in a weird way FWIW...