[Python-Dev] Using Python docs

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Sat Jul 29 10:07:42 CEST 2006

Regarding bug 469773, I think it would be great to have such a
document "Using Python", containing the manual page and platform-
specific hints on how to invoke the interpreter and scripts
(e.g. explaining the shebang for Unices).

I'd be willing to help write up such a document.

Another thing that could be helpful is a list of "frequently needed
documentation sections", that is, a list of keywords and respective
links to topics that are hard to find for newbies, such as the section
"String formatting" or some locations in the reference manual.

Georg