[Python-Dev] wsgiref doc draft; reviews/patches wanted

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Jun 7 00:49:45 CEST 2006

I've finished my draft for the wsgiref documentation (including stuff I
swiped from AMK's draft; thanks AMK!), and am looking for comments before I
add it to the stdlib documentation.

Source: http://svn.eby-sarna.com/svnroot/wsgiref/docs
PDF:    http://peak.telecommunity.com/wsgiref.pdf
HTML:   http://peak.telecommunity.com/wsgiref_docs/

My current plan is to make a hopefully-final release of the standalone
version of wsgiref on PyPI, then clone that version for inclusion in the
stdlib.

The latest version of wsgiref in the eby-sarna SVN includes a new
``make_server()`` convenience function (addressing Titus' concerns about
the constructor signatures while retaining backward compatibility) and it
adds a ``wsgiref.validate`` module based on paste.lint.

In addition to those two new features, tests were added for the new
validate module and for WSGIServer.  The test suite and directory layout of
the package were also simplified and consolidated to make merging to the
stdlib easier.

Feedback welcomed.