[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] sqlite3 test errors - was : Re: r46936 - in python/trunk: Lib/sqlite3/test/regression.py Lib/sqlite3/test/types.py Lib/sqlite3/test/userfunctions.py Modules/_sqlite/connection.c Modules/_sqlite/cursor.c Modules/_sqlite/module.c Modules/_sqlite/module.h

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Wed Jun 14 16:32:16 CEST 2006

Gerhard Häring wrote:
> Co-posting to python-dev in the hope of getting help of people verifying
> my suspicion ...
>
> Gerhard Häring wrote:
>> [...]
>> For some reason, they don't seem to have picked up the changed tests of
>> the sqlite3 module. At least the error messages look exactly like the
>> ones I had when I ran the current code against old tests.
>
> That guess was wrong. The failed sqlite3 tests come from an old SQLite
> version being linked against. Until recently, SQLite was buggy and it
> was only fixed in
>
> http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/chngview?cn=2981
>
> that callbacks can throw errors that are usefully returned to the
> original caller.
>
> The tests for the sqlite3 module currently assume a recent version
> SQLite (3.3.something). Otherwise some tests will fail.
>
> Still, it can be built against any SQLite 3 release.
>
> Can somebody please also verify if the malloc/free error message goes
> away (it really only happened on Mac, didn't it?) if you upgrade SQLite
> to the latest version on the build host?

With SQLite 3.2.8, I also get segfaults on Linux x86 (Ubuntu dapper, gcc).

I've provided a preliminary patch (cannot check in from this place) that
I've attached. Maybe somebody wants to test it, otherwise I'll make a
few other tests in the late evening and probably also selectively
disable certain tests in the test suite if the SQLite version is too old
to pass them.

-- Gerhard