[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] sqlite3 test errors - was : Re: r46936 - in python/trunk: Lib/sqlite3/test/regression.py Lib/sqlite3/test/types.py Lib/sqlite3/test/userfunctions.py Modules/_sqlite/connection.c Modules/_sqlite/cursor.c Modules/_sqlite/module.c

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed Jun 14 19:04:45 CEST 2006

On 6/14/06, Gerhard Häring <gh at ghaering.de> wrote:

> Co-posting to python-dev in the hope of getting help of people verifying
> my suspicion ...
>
> Gerhard Häring wrote:
> > [...]
> > For some reason, they don't seem to have picked up the changed tests of
> > the sqlite3 module. At least the error messages look exactly like the
> > ones I had when I ran the current code against old tests.
>
> That guess was wrong. The failed sqlite3 tests come from an old SQLite
> version being linked against. Until recently, SQLite was buggy and it
> was only fixed in
>
> http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/chngview?cn=2981
>
> that callbacks can throw errors that are usefully returned to the
> original caller.
>
> The tests for the sqlite3 module currently assume a recent version
> SQLite (3.3.something). Otherwise some tests will fail.
>
> Still, it can be built against any SQLite 3 release.

Perhaps this is the wrong thing to do.  Either sqlite3 should not build or
raise an exception  if it is built against a buggy version.  The other
option is to not run those known failing tests or error out immediately with
a message stating that this tests fails on known versions of sqlite.

-Brett

Can somebody please also verify if the malloc/free error message goes