[Python-Dev] Developing/patching ctypes

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Mar 10 14:20:36 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 09:01 +0100, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:

> I personally don't mind having the "upstream" ctypes repository also
> in svn.python.org; this would be similar to distutils, setuptools,
> and (I think) the email package. Currently, some of them live in
> sandbox/trunk, but I wouldn't mind it living in /ctypes/trunk, either.
> Be aware that the set of committers to svn.python.org/projects is
> currently restricted to Python committers.

Actually, for the most part email pkg lives inside Python and I external
it into the sandbox for the standalone releases.  email 4.0 is a little
different because I wanted to do the development outside Python to
reduce the chance of breakage, but I am planning on merging the code
back into the Python trunk, possibly this weekend.

-Barry