[Python-Dev] libbzip2 version?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Mar 12 01:49:08 CET 2006

Alan McIntyre wrote:
> The current PCBuild/readme.txt directs people to
> http://sources.redhat.com/bzip2 to get the 1.0.2 version of libbz2.  The
> RedHat link redirects to http://www.bzip.org, which shows that 1.0.3 was
> released in February 2005.  I suggest that Python 2.5 should move up to
> 1.0.3, and that readme.txt should point to bzip.org instead of
> redhat.com.  I'll make & submit a patch if that would help.

There is no need to submit a patch. I had planned to update it myself
for some time now. I also want to update versions of various other
libraries (Tcl and bsddb in particular). On bzip2, I wonder whether
2.4 should also update to the newer library; on bsddb, I wonder what
version to update to.

Regards,
Martin