[Python-Dev] Problem with module loading on multi-arch?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 18:06:16 CET 2006

I just installed TwistedSumo-2006-02-12 on x86_64, and noticed a problem.
It installs arch-dep stuff into
/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/twisted,
and arch-indep into
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/twisted

as it should.  But:
    from twisted.web import html
exceptions.ImportError: No module named web

I'm guessing that what's happening is that since there is an
<arch-dep>/twisted, we never find the module <arch-indep>/twisted/web.  If
my analysis (guess) is correct, I think we have a problem with the module
search.