[Python-Dev] Merging email 4.0 to Python 2.5 svn trunk

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Mar 17 15:40:17 CET 2006

Last night I merged email 4.0 from the sandbox into my working copy of
the Python svn trunk and ran "make testall".  I hit one failure, in
test_pyclbr.py.  The test was importing email.Parser and expecting a
real module, however in email 4.0 email.Parser is a placeholder object
which exposes a backward compatible API for email.parser.

The fix is simple, change 'P' to 'p' in the test, but I want to make
sure that nobody cares that __import__('email.Parser') now returns an
object that isn't a module, but acts enough like the original module for
all intents and purposes.

-Barry