[Python-Dev] pyexpat namespace problem (Was: libbzip2 version?)

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Sun Mar 19 01:07:57 CET 2006

[Georg Brandl wrote]
> There seems to be a new version of expat too: http://python.org/sf/1433435
>
> The namespace problem with pyexpat persists: http://python.org/sf/1295808

http://python.org/sf/1295808

    [My lastest comment to that bug]
    > As Neal points out this is a duplicate of
    > <http://python.org/sf/1075984>. The patch on *that* bug
    > fixes the specific issue, but does not solve the general
    > problem (as Michael, 'mwh', pointed out in the comments
    > there).
    >
    > I think we should
    > 1. apply this patch
    > 2. then perhaps update our expat version (see
    >    http://python.org/sf/1433435,
    >    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-March/062287.html),
    > 3. then update Modules/expat/pyexpatns.h (that this patch
    >    adds) for any new symbols in the new version of Expat.

I'm testing my patch to the trunk right now to make sure it passes
everything. If you all think this is a good idea I could apply it and
then also give a go an upgrading out expat version (I haven't looked at
whether that would be very difficult).

Cheers,
Trent

--