[Python-Dev] Long-time shy failure in test_socket_ssl

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 03:35:27 CET 2006

[Tim Peters]
>> test_socket_ssl
>> test test_socket_ssl crashed --
>>     exceptions.TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

[Neal Norwitz]
> For closure, I believe this problem was addressed by revs 42842 and
> 42844 to Lib/test/test_importhooks.py.

Amazingly, the same thing popped up 3(!) times today in the 2.4
buildbot slaves (on two Windows boxes, and the "amd64 gentoo 2.4"
box).  I merged those revs to the 2.4 branch.

> If anyone sees spurious failures with the buildbot (one time failures,
> crashes, etc), please report the problems to python-dev.  It would be
> great to see if you can reproduce the results with the same tests that
> failed.  We need to determine if it is architecture specific,
> test-order related, or something else.

One-shot segfaults are still common enough on the Mac box, like the very recent:

<http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/all/g4%20osx.4%202.4/builds/18/step-test/0>