[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] TRUNK FREEZE for 2.5a1: 0000 UTC, Thursday 30th

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at alum.mit.edu
Mon Mar 27 21:38:37 CEST 2006

On 3/27/06, Anthony Baxter <anthony at interlink.com.au> wrote:
> Ok, it's time to rock and roll.
>
>    The SVN trunk is FROZEN for 2.5a1 from 00:00 UTC on
>    Thursday 30th of March.
>
> I'll post again once it's open. Note that new features can keep going
> in during the alpha cycle, the feature freeze only happens once we
> hit beta. And we're not going to hit beta until the features we want
> are in.
>
> Please help in making this release as painless as possible by not
> checking in while the trunk is frozen.

There's a bug day on Friday.
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonBugDay

It seems a bit senseless to freeze the trunk the day before the bug
day.  All the bugs I'm planning to work on are important for the
alpha.  How much inconvenience will it case to delay the freeze until
after the bug day?  I'd say we should push the alpha a whole week
rather than screw up the bug day.

Jeremy

Jeremy