[Python-Dev] Visual studio 2005 express now free

Christos Georgiou tzot at mediconsa.com
Mon May 8 14:25:16 CEST 2006

""Martin v. Löwis"" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote in message
news:44491299.9040607 at v.loewis.de...

> - Paul Moore has contributed a Python build procedure for the
>  free version of the 2003 compiler. This one is without IDE,
>  but still, it should allow people without a VS 2003 license
>  to work on Python itself; it should also be possible to develop
>  extensions with that compiler (although I haven't verified
>  that distutils would pick that up correctly).

AFAIR Paul Moore was based on some other instructions posted previously
somewhere on the net, which I followed at least a year back; it was a little
hard to fix all variables etc, but I managed to build for 2.4 an extension
of mine (haar transformation for image comparisons) successfully using just
the setup.py of my module.