[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r46005 - in python/trunk: Lib/tarfile.py Lib/test/test_tarfile.py Misc/NEWS

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Mon May 15 22:15:44 CEST 2006

> Author: georg.brandl
> Date: Mon May 15 21:30:35 2006
> New Revision: 46005
>
> Modified:
>    python/trunk/Lib/tarfile.py
>    python/trunk/Lib/test/test_tarfile.py
>    python/trunk/Misc/NEWS
> Log:
> [ 1488881 ] tarfile.py: support for file-objects and bz2 (cp. #1488634)

"Something went wrong" here on Windows.  The Windows buildbot slaves
other than mine eventually died with:

"""
test_tarfile

command timed out: 1200 seconds without output
""":

I was working on my box at the time, and it became dramatically
unusable:  took about two minutes just to swap enough of the OS back
in to _bring up_ Task Manager to see what was going on.  The Python
test process was close to 2GB in size, and of course the box was
swapping madly.  So I killed python_d.exe and waited to see how the
other buildbots fared.  Sure appears to be a Windows-specific problem
-- or maybe all the Linux boxes come with a terabyte of RAM these days
;-)

I'll take a peek later, but won't be disappointed if someone else
figures it out first.