[Python-Dev] PEP 42 - New kind of Temporary file

Andrew Chambers andychambers2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 28 17:27:31 CEST 2006

The mailing-list bot said introduce myself so...

I'm Andy Chambers.  I've been lurking on the web-interface to the list
for a while.  I recently started trying to implement one of the items on
PEP 42 so I thought I should join the list and make myself known.

The item I'm working on is the new kind of temporary file that only
turns into a file when required (before which time presumably its a
StringIO).

Do we still want this?  I suggest it be exposed as a class TempFile in
the tempfile module.  If yes, I'll write the test cases and submit a
patch.

Regards,
Andy