[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] Python Regression Test Failures refleak (101)

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sun May 28 19:44:40 CEST 2006

Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> writes:

> Michael Hudson wrote:
>> Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> writes:

>>> I intended to go through the code again today or tomorrow, looking for
>>> things we missed, but I was on the plane until now, so obviously you
>>> were faster.
>>
>> Oh right.  I'd have preferred you didn't check in unfinished
>> code to the trunk, I think...
>
> I blame it on Tim since he said OK ;)

I hope he feels bad about it too :)

>>> Thanks for doing our work, though ;)
>>
>> It has to be said, the degree of the refleaks put me into emergency
>> fire fighting mode...
>
> I hadn't expected so many of them, but I also have to admit that we didn't have
> that much time on Saturday and wanted the branch merged for obvious reasons...

You can make it up to me by writing unit tests for the crash cases
I've fixed.

I think I've fixed the refleaks too, but running regrtest -R :: takes
raaaather a while.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  QNX... the OS that walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, but is,
  in fact, a platypus. ... the adventures of porting duck software