[Python-Dev] fixing buildbots

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Tue May 30 08:54:10 CEST 2006

I've been starting to get some of the buildbots working again.  There
was some massive problem on May 25 where a ton of extra files were
left around.  I can't remember if I saw something about that at the
NFS sprint or not.

There is a lingering problem that I can't fix on all the boxes.  Namely:

  cp Modules/Setup{.dist,}

Should we always do that step before we build on the buildbots?  The
warning about Setup.dist being newer than Setup is displayed.  I can
understand why we wouldn't want to unconditionally overwrite a user's
modified Setup.  However, for the buildbots, it seems safer to always
overwrite it.

Any objections?  Any ideas for the best way to implement this?  A
separate BB step for Unix clients?   In the makefile?

Martin, I would have fixed it on your Solaris box, but I don't think I
can get access to the buildbot's account.