[Python-Dev] PEP: Adding data-type objects to Python

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 17:50:57 CET 2006

I have watched numpy with interest for a long time.  My own interest is to
possibly use the c-api to wrap c++ algorithms to use from python.

One thing that has concerned me, and continues to concern me with this
proposal, is that it seems to suffer from a very fat interface.  I
certainly have not studied the options in any depth, but my gut feeling is
that the interface is too fat and too complex.  I wonder if it's possible
to avoid this.  I wonder if this is an example of all the methods sinking
to the base class.