[Python-Dev] proposed which.py replacement

Stefan Rank list-ener at strank.info
Sun Apr 1 15:39:00 CEST 2007

on 31.03.2007 22:39 Guido van Rossum said the following:
> If you ask me, having it hosted by Trent is probably more helpful for
> its popularity than putting it in the Python source distro; the Tools
> directory is mostly a poorly-maintained collection of trivia I wrote
> many years ago that is now quietly gathering dust.

Some time ago, I posted a `feature request`_ about which.py including
the proposal to put it into the std-lib as
``which`` or ``os.which`` to allow programmatic use and::

   python -m which ...

This should take care of the visibility problem. ;-)
However, there are several todos_, including tests and docs, before this
can even be considered.

I am afraid I did not have any time to work on it yet.

cheers,
stefan

.. _feature request:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1509798&group_id=5470&atid=355470