[Python-Dev] head crashing (was: Fwd: [Python-checkins] buildbot warnings in x86 mvlgcc trunk)

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Tue May 1 08:38:42 CEST 2007

This is the third time I've seen a crash on 2 different machines.
This is the first time I noticed this unexplained crash:

http://python.org/dev/buildbot/all/amd64%20gentoo%20trunk/builds/1983/step-test/0

That was at r54982.

I tried to reproduce this: with a non-debug build, with a debug build,
with valgrind with both types of build.  I could never reproduce it.
Valgrind did not report any errors either.

Here is the third failure:

http://python.org/dev/buildbot/all/amd64%20gentoo%20trunk/builds/1986/step-test/0

The failure below prints:
python: Objects/obmalloc.c:746: PyObject_Malloc: Assertion `bp !=
((void *)0)' failed.

which probably doesn't really help since the corruption has already
occurred.  See http://python.org/dev/buildbot/all/x86%20mvlgcc%20trunk/builds/497/step-test/0

Anyone have ideas what might have caused this?