[Python-Dev] Draft PEP: Maintenance of Python Releases

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue May 15 06:59:08 CEST 2007

> | I think we would need to restrict the total number of releases
> | made per year. The one-year limit may be debatable, and immediate
> | releases might be possible, as long as there is some provision
> | that releases are not made at a too-high rate.
>
> I would agree, but...
> has there been more that the one security release that I know about?

No, but I believe this partly due to the fact that Linux distributors
don't provide their security patches, or that they get applied only
to the current maintenance branch, and not to older branches. If this
policy gets implemented, I believe there would be more security patches
than those we had seen - this single one was only in response to some
demanding users.

Regards,
Martin