[Python-Dev] Summary of Tracker Issues

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun May 20 07:14:46 CEST 2007

> Do we know how these spam comments entered the system?

Through the web site. Submission through email is not an
issue: you need to use a registered email address, and
those are hard to guess.

> And has there been any spam submitted since that point?

One day after the tracker was renamed to bugs.python.org, there
were 10 spam submissions, and new spam was entered at a high
rate. We then added some anti-spam measures, and now new spam
is added very infrequently.

The real problem now is that people panic when they see spam
in the tracker, demanding all kinds of immediate action, and
wondering what bastards let the spam in in the first place.

Regards,
Martin