[Python-Dev] The docs, reloaded

Armin Ronacher armin.ronacher at active-4.com
Wed May 23 00:38:45 CEST 2007

Hoi,

Additionally to the offline docs that Georg published some days ago there is
also a web version which currently looks and works pretty much like the offline
version. There are however some differences that are worth knowing:

- Cleaner URLs. You can actually guess them because we took the idea the PHP
  people had and check for similar pages if a page does not exist. We do however
  redirect if there was a match so that the URL stays unique.

- The search doesn't require JavaScript (but is currently disabled due to a
  buggy stemmer and indexer)

That's it for now, you can try it online at http://pydoc.gbrandl.de:3000/

Regards,
Armin