[Python-Dev] 2.6 on Windows

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Aug 21 05:32:52 CEST 2008

> Can anybody verify and hopefully fix the problems seen in the Windows
> bots for the trunk (i.e. 2.6)?

FWIW, I can't reproduce most of those problems.  My 32bit build sees:

303 tests OK.
57 tests skipped:
    test__locale test_aepack test_al test_applesingle test_bsddb185
    test_bsddb3 test_cd test_cl test_codecmaps_cn test_codecmaps_hk
    test_codecmaps_jp test_codecmaps_kr test_codecmaps_tw
    test_commands test_crypt test_curses test_dbm test_dl test_epoll
    test_fcntl test_fork1 test_gdbm test_gl test_grp test_imageop
    test_imgfile test_ioctl test_kqueue test_largefile
    test_linuxaudiodev test_macos test_macostools test_mhlib test_nis
    test_normalization test_openpty test_ossaudiodev test_pipes
    test_poll test_posix test_pty test_pwd test_py3kwarn test_resource
    test_scriptpackages test_signal test_socketserver test_ssl
    test_sunaudiodev test_tcl test_threadsignals test_timeout
    test_urllib2net test_urllibnet test_wait3 test_wait4
    test_zipfile64
2 skips unexpected on win32:
    test_tcl test_ssl

and once I made the changes I just uploaded to
http://bugs.python.org/issue3625 (which are just tweaks to skip certain
tests on win64), a 64bit build reports:

[...]

Which is the best state I've ever managed to get the 64bit build to.

Note however that bsddb3 was skipped by my tests.  Running that test alone,
both platforms report the same error as the buildbot:

FAIL: test01_basic_replication
(bsddb.test.test_replication.DBReplicationManager)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "o:\src\python-svn-amd64\lib\bsddb\test\test_replication.py", line
134, in test01_basic_replication
    self.assertTrue(time.time()<timeout)
AssertionError

However, the error appears after a number of seconds of inactivity - so I
suspect it has nothing to do with the timer resolution on Windows and more
about the fact that the test really did fail.

So while I'm not sure what else the buildbot is seeing, the only real
problem seems exactly 1 test in the bsddb3 tests.

Cheers,

Mark