[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] Python 2.6 and 3.0

Trent Nelson tnelson at onresolve.com
Wed Feb 27 21:26:19 CET 2008

> (unless a complete working solution is presented in that other technology,
> and as long as that other technology still creates MSI files with free-as-in-beer tools).

Just out of interest, what's the reason for enforcing that the installer must be an MSI?  Or, rather, if I were to present an alternative .exe installer that ticks all of the above boxes, exceeds the capabilities of the current installer and above all is easier to extend and maintain -- would that be a non-starter because it's not an MSI?

    Trent.