[Python-Dev] Bug day tasks

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Fri Jan 4 17:45:37 CET 2008

On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 16:53:46 +0100, Christian Heimes <lists at cheimes.de> wrote:
>A.M. Kuchling wrote:
>> Another task is to get logging set up for the #python-dev IRC channel.
>> Searching didn't find any existing archive; we could run it on
>> python.org somewhere, but does anyone here already run an IRC logging
>> bot?  Maybe someone could just add #python-dev to their existing
>> setup.
>
>It'd be nice if we can also get a bot into #python-dev to broadcast svn
>commits and bug tracker changes. The Twisted guys have good bot with
>decent msg coloring but IIRC it's tight into TRAC. For svn we could
>probably use CIA bot and tie it into a svn post commit hook.

The trac integration is entirely optional, so don't let that discourage
you.

If anyone wants to investigate setting this up,

  svn://divmod.org/svn/Divmod/sandbox/exarkun/commit-bot

The code has no unit tests and there is no documentation.  Also notice
"sandbox" in the SVN URL.

The only real advantage that it has over CIA that I can point out is that
you don't have to write an XML or have a SQL server running in order to use
it.

Jean-Paul