[Python-Dev] refleaks and caches

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 02:05:15 CET 2008

Around Jan 13, the refleak hunting test that is reported on
python-checkins started to report refleaks on virtually every run.  I
suspect this is due to r59944 (at 2008-01-13 16:29:41) which was from
patch #1700288 to cache methods.  With this patch it makes it much
harder to spot refleaks.  Does anyone have ideas how to fix it?  The
only one I have is to disable the cache with a special flag, env't
variable, sys variable/function or the like.  We could make this
available only in debug mode.  The cache should normally be enabled,
but could be disabled solely on the refleak runs.

Suggestions?