[Python-Dev] Organization of ABC modules

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Sun Jan 27 09:29:36 CET 2008

-On [20080127 03:25], Terry Reedy (tjreedy at udel.edu) wrote:
>I *think* I would prefer to any of these either
>ANumber or
>aNumber,
>which one can read as either an abbreviation of Abstract Number or simply a
>contraction of 'a Number' (a Real, an Integral, etc) taken to mean the
>abstraction.

This will be a bikeshed argument until Guido speaks out his
preference/decision I guess.

But isn't it a more common solution to name the base class just Number and
derive from it by means of using Base.Number or something similar? Looks
cleaner to me rather than all these odd looking pre- or suffixes. (I am not
charmed about ABC in the name at all to be honest, doesn't really give me a
Python feeling.)

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
We have met the enemy and they are ours...