[Python-Dev] urllib.quote and unquote - Unicode issues

Jeff Hall hall.jeff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 20:38:40 CEST 2008

> (Aside: I dislike functions that have a different return type based on
> the value of a parameter.)

I wanted to stay out of the whole discussion as it's largely over my head...
But I did want to express support for this idea which I think almost rises
to the level of a standard... I see more bugs created in our software
because of the above issues then anything else... I have no problem with
functions that accept various input but producing various outputs just seems
to wreak havoc...