[Python-Dev] Memory Error while reading large file

Scott Dial scott+python-dev at scottdial.com
Thu Jul 31 23:38:42 CEST 2008

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> (maybe the use of the question mark is more typical in German
> than in English; my stomach turns around when I read a question
> that ends with a full stop)

There is no loss in translation here. Proper English requires the use of
a question mark just the same as German, but you can't assume proper
English will be used on a forum of communication like this one. The OP
stated his problem, and maybe he doesn't know enough English to actually
ask his question (I'm guessing by the name "Sumant Gupta"). I don't
believe you are native speaker yourself, and I would've expected more
sympathy from you. Lord knows I hope the recipients of any German I
write will have some.

-Scott

--
Scott Dial