[Python-Dev] Buildbots have trouble checking out the repository due to recent changes.

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sun May 11 23:45:24 CEST 2008

Sorry, should have gone to the list:

 2008/5/11 Alexandre Vassalotti <alexandre at peadrop.com>:
> When I rename a module I use "svn copy", since "svn remove" doesn't
> pick up changes made to the "deleted" file. For example, here is what
> I did for PixMapWrapper:
>
>   svn copy ./Lib/plat-mac/PixMapWrapper.py ./Lib/plat-mac/pixmapwrapper.py
>   edit ./Lib/plat-mac/PixMapWrapper.py
>   svn commit

That seems a very odd usage. You're renaming, not copying. Why aren't
you using svn rename (svn move)? I can well imagine this causing
serious confusion.

Please be very careful here - if you introduce revisions which contain
multiple files with names that differ only in case, you're going to
really mess up history (and probably the only clean way to fix this
will be to actually go back and edit the history).

Paul (who has been bitten once too often with case clashes in history :-()