[Python-Dev] Addition of "pyprocessing" module to standard lib.

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue May 20 14:16:16 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 06:13:11PM -0700, Bill Janssen wrote:
> And these are all SYSV derivatives, aren't they?  So perhaps it's some
> common fix for all three?

This reminds of a Tim-ism:

==================
> Just for the record, on AIX, the following C program:

Oh no you don't! I followed AIX threads for the first year it came
out, but eventually decided there was no future in investing time in
baffling discussions that usually ended with "oh, never mind -- turns
out it's a bug" <0.9 wink>.

Vladimir Marangozov and Tim Peters, 23 Jun 1998

10 years later, things don't seem to be much different.

For ctypes it looks like libffi often fails to compile when not using
GCC; http://bugs.python.org/issue1637120 is an AIX bug report.  For
the curses module, I've noticed that HP-UX seems to require including
additional header files or defining _XOPEN_SOURCE to make curses.h
work.  So I don't think there's a common problem with all these
minority platforms, and we really would need developers on all of
them.

--amk