[Python-Dev] Addition of "pyprocessing" module to standard lib.

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Wed May 21 22:53:08 CEST 2008

This thread has diverged a bit from the original topic.

I suggest going ahead and adding pyprocessing to the library.
IMO, its functionality is going to be an essential capability as
more and more computers ship with multiple processors.
At this point, the basic API for pyprocessing seems well
thought-out and somewhat stable. Over time, I expect
the implementation will get tweaked in a number of ways
including support more platforms as developers figure-out
that they like the idea enough to write some platform
dependent patches.

Putting this functionality in 2.6/3.0 would provide a really
nice incentive to update from Py2.5.  It would be a sad
lost opportunity if this module had to wait another couple years.

Raymond